Sunday, July 27, 2008

God's IF Statement

Let me begin by saying that God's love for us is unconditional. This means that there is no "IF" attached to it. In Philosophy we were taught that in life there is logic, if this then that, else something else... ok I've lost myself too, philosophy can do that to you...LOL. Computer Programmers also use the "IF" function to solve a lot of complex problems that realate to choice, if a user clicks on a button, a particular function attached to that button will be executed, but even programming is way above my thinking right now, I like things simple, and all i have to ask is "what does this button do...." (Dexter's Lab) I know I know, too much TV!
God loves us without an IF, He definitely proved it by coming to earth to experience being human, feel our pain, interact with us on a human level, and then ultimately sacrificing his Son to pay all our debts. I don't know how unconditional that can get. Today's focus though is on God's blessings.........ahh, blessings, everyone wants them, to be healthy, live a fulfilled life, have food, money, clothes, purpose, etc. So who wants to be blessed let me see your hands up? see all of you, don't you know that there is a simple Binary choice for that? IF you do A, you will be blessed, but if you do B, you will not be blessed, infact you will be cursed, so it means that there are only two choices, Yes or No ....... easy isn't it?
Lets see what the good book says :

“Now listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster. For I command you this day to love the Lord your God and to keep his commands, decrees, and regulations by walking in his ways. If you do this, you will live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy.

“But if your heart turns away and you refuse to listen, and if you are drawn away to serve and worship other gods, then I warn you now that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live a long, good life in the land you are crossing the Jordan to occupy.

“Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” Deuteronomy 30:15-19 (NLT)

Sounds simple but....... I pray that we all will make the right choice today. Yes or No? If yes, then..... else if No, then .....

5 Comments:

At July 27, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Rita said...

Welcome back!!!

I am a culprit of those who like the unconditional love nature of God but do not want conditions for reaping His blessings. He is a just God. Thanks for reminding me of His conditions.

 
At July 28, 2008 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Chris Ogunlowo said...

Lovely blog ;)

Hi

 
At September 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi first time here...nice

 
At September 10, 2008 at 1:32 PM , Blogger SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

This was great to read first thing in the morning. A wonderful reminder of God's unconditional love and the fact that I must unconditionally obey.

Thanks for sharing.

 
At September 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Chris Ogunlowo said...

... thanks for the health wish.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home